Jagged Alliance Deadly Games

Reviews of classig computer games
PanzerGeneral

Jagged Alliance Deadly Games

Post by PanzerGeneral »

Here is the second part of this popular game. I must admit that the first part, despite the enormous number of bugs it contained, gained well-deserved popularity. Even I sacrificed these several dozen megs on my then 340 megabyte hard drive to play the game.

In Deadly Games, all errors in the first part were to be corrected. And they mostly are. So what has changed? First of all, we lead a group of mercenaries, that is, guys ready to do any job. Their only source of income is what they will get for a mission well done and what they will find during this mission. In this quite twisted way I try to explain that the "wood thing" has been eliminated in DG and we do not have to worry about managing the fields by hired people for hard earned money. DG is a pure fight. Mission, money, briefing and the next mission. Real life of a mercenary. In this respect, little has changed. Those who played the first will have no problems adapting to the second part. It was promised that in the sequel there was the possibility of free trade in weapons. Unfortunately, it's not the case. All trade is limited to a man named Mickey (not Mouse), who from time to time appears in the base and offers us, for example, two chainsaws, a silencer and one bazooka. And all this for 5400 USD. For this amount, I can to buy the best mercenary on the market!

As for mercenaries, there are a few new faces, but there are also all old friends (with Ivan, the favorite of the crowds, in the lead). It is a pity that there is no SVGA mode or something similar. There is, however, one very important option that completely changes DG's market situation. Namely, we can play online! I tell you, it's just a great idea. So far, only the quite old Laser Squad gave the opportunity to play against a buddy. The fun is excellent (especially an auction when we want to hire the same person). We can play both single-player and two-player modes, we have random campaigns prepared by the authors or our own, if someone wants to sit with the editor attached to the game. Fun on the so-called long winter evenings is ensured!

PC
My rate: 8/10