C64 display modes

8-bit Commodore machines
Oldlegends

C64 display modes

Post by Oldlegends »

Thanks to Nitro, ideally it wants 4 independent colors in a 4x2 pixel block, which of course is impossible
Legend of old are still alive.
TerraNova

C64 display modes

Post by TerraNova »

Unfortunately, the C64 is not an Amiga, you have to compromise :) The 2x2 mode is available with and without interlace, see how it looks like, IMHO interlace is completely painless, it even adds charm to the eye, hmm. microcircuits around pixels. Just all of this on CRT and preferably on real hardware.
I'm settling new lands
Zenobi

C64 display modes

Post by Zenobi »

4x4 interlace at the same time vertically and horizontally is actually a 2x2 with circumferences :)
Laudguy

C64 display modes

Post by Laudguy »

Just the motion blur made by the interlace is not grass, no matter what mode.
Just chillin all day and night
Wariorr

C64 display modes

Post by Wariorr »

There is a 2x2x 16 color mode in Movie World. It's not that my 2x2 interlace was an addition compared it to the z4.
"Interlace" and more precisely switching of complementary "chessboards" of 2 bitmaps was the main element of obtaining this mode and illusion.

And the later display on the timers encoded by Ninja is a masterpiece. I didn't know it could be solved like that.

>
> Thanks to Nitro, ideally it wants 4 independent colors in a 4x2 pixel block which> of course is impossible.
>
It is possible in 6 colors
I'm a great warrior of old lore.
ThisGuy01

C64 display modes

Post by ThisGuy01 »

Well, but no interlac I mean. Can be? As? Unless with sprites, which actually works for me. So as in NUFLI, every second switch line.

And I saw it 2x2 - Ninja crashed. In Movie World it looks great too.
I'm from Poland
Oldgirls

C64 display modes

Post by Oldgirls »

Lest there are no suspicions, I will specify it. I meant the 6-color mode that was once used. Graphics on fonts in multicolour which gives 3 common colors for the whole effect and a set of multi sprites layer which gives 3 additional colors, a total of 6 colors.
WE all are OLD.
Oldlegends

C64 display modes

Post by Oldlegends »

7 colors. IASC.
Legend of old are still alive.
SummerFLower

C64 display modes

Post by SummerFLower »

As the effect is supposed to be generative in nature, I do not care about the load on the slingshot by the display itself. So multicolored sprites above / below FLI every second line. Perhaps I can also change $ D025 and $ D026 every two lines. In addition, grays can be well utilized as transition colors.
i just strartedt to bloon this summer.
Computeoguy

C64 display modes

Post by Computeoguy »

I also have a question about the NUFLI. Is it possible to display additional sprites over such graphics? e.g. HOM. from what I read on CSDb, apparently it's hard to do anything in this mode, but maybe I'm wrong;]
I't does not compute....