C64 display modes

8-bit Commodore machines
Catladyiscrazy

C64 display modes

Post by Catladyiscrazy »

Hello all,

I am bothering the net looking for descriptions of the new C64 graphics modes and I can't get enough of them. When I left the scene, colorful logos were drawn on Advanced Art Studio, pictures in FLI or IFLI in different editors. Could someone write what new graphic fish have been developed and what editors are used to draw pictures? Is there any chapter regarding modes used to draw logos and pictures?

Thank you very much
Nothing here for now...
MovieDirector@

C64 display modes

Post by MovieDirector@ »

Speaking of NUFLI ... did someone break the displayer to the source in Kick Ass? I started somewhere but I gave it up due to lack of time. I wonder how it is solved, apparently the code is executed on the zero page, etc.
I'm gonna direct a movie someday...
KillJoy

C64 display modes

Post by KillJoy »

No - I described it in the article (see a few posts above).
It is a bit of code after instruction ($ 1000- $ 1fff area), this kind of speed code, without any loops, so there is no effort on the source, just "stick" it alive.
i'm gonna kill all you joy.
SummerFLower

C64 display modes

Post by SummerFLower »

Only the speedcode generator uses the zero page. The displayer is in the mufflon source in the mufflon.h file, only that it is already compiled there
This Oswald wrote his own nouffle display. He even made his own speedcode tables for $ 1000. I just don't know if he's using Kick Ass, but he probably didn't code it under the monitor and he has a source, so you can contact him.
i just strartedt to bloon this summer.
Iknownothingatall

C64 display modes

Post by Iknownothingatall »

Leon's first try at NUFLI, the supposed feeling of lonelyness comes through nicely, the building blocks of the picture are great, but overall feels rushed. I have helped to create the executable.
i know that i know nothing at all.
Yellohello

C64 display modes

Post by Yellohello »

And you see.
Hello there all.
Smallbug

C64 display modes

Post by Smallbug »

what are you so insistent on this source? After all, this is a whole piece of code in which you can not modify anything, because you will immediately lose raster synchronization.
Cut the image from the file (play the $ 1000- $ 1fff area under the vice's monitor, and a piece from $ 3000) and paste it into the code as a binary.

Unless you're going to write your own nouffle editor.
I'm just a small bug in grass.
Openmind

C64 display modes

Post by Openmind »

I also do not know what it is about, there is no uniform display as such for NUFLI - the code is generated depending on the needs for changing colors.
You just need to connect to the Mufflon exe with its own code.
nothing goes here for now
Laudguy

C64 display modes

Post by Laudguy »

OK, I get it. I wanted to use NUFLI to display generative effects, but it won't work that way. Maybe I can assemble it in a clean FLI.
Just chillin all day and night
TerraNova

C64 display modes

Post by TerraNova »

You want an effect with lots of colors, right? If so, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with the 2x2 mode - examples in Movie World, Real, Larch ...
There are full sources to it, it eats 50% of the power where it is displayed.
For this we also have a 2x1 mode - You Know The Routine and 4x2 in Snapshot.
I'm settling new lands