Indivision ECS & AGA

All Amiga computers
Yellohello

Indivision ECS & AGA

Post by Yellohello »

I am following the Medusa thread on several pages. I'm afraid the design is a bit over-engineered and trying to find a niche near OSSC and other high-end upscalers; but under the flags "not Chinese" ...
Unfortunately, it knocks what - the jellyfish cannot handle relatively fast HI / LO switching / scaling, e.g. on PlayStation (there is something about it on AOL).
The jellyfish will be made by Lotharek, so the price will be lenient and supported by the aforementioned "non-Chinese" slogan. OSSC costs around 600 PLN, I wonder how much will Meduza's creators price?
Hello there all.
ThatGuy02

Indivision ECS & AGA

Post by ThatGuy02 »

Can you explain this reasoning to me somehow?
NamelessOne

Indivision ECS & AGA

Post by NamelessOne »

It would be a bit overkill, the Retrotin5X puts the old OSSC on the shoulder, and it doesn't cost that much. On the other hand, we have a component availability crisis, so maybe ...
I have no name and never will have.
Wariorr

Indivision ECS & AGA

Post by Wariorr »

Thanks for the link, in fact, there was an excerpt from this interview in the Borg movie, but I didn't think it was available in its entirety somewhere. I will gladly watch and listen. For now, I am only relying on what I have seen on yt when it comes to retrotinks, and now that 5x pro has already gone on sale, there are more of these tested films. Until Medusa comes out and I see decent reviews I'm not going to buy it. I am most interested in the issue of possible lag and the speed of switching between display modes (this is important in Amiga).
I'm a great warrior of old lore.