Indivision ECS & AGA

All Amiga computers
Openmind

Indivision ECS & AGA

Post by Openmind »

Why does it scare you? Each device of the 1st protection class has protections that Simon used at home: metal housing, grounded with a separate protective conductor (the green and yellow one), phase conductors also have their insulation according to standards. They do not have to be in the cable, because they are inside the housing and are not exposed to external factors. It is the same in every single washing machine, although in washing machines all connections are even non-insulated (without the heat-shrink tubing Simon used for himself). Of course, this is only the basic protection, but the one in the first class is sufficient. It is important that the power supply is connected to a "socket with a pin" so that in the event of a power breakdown, the electricity will "escape". A dream come true, if the network is TN-S type with 30mA differential, then you can wash this Amiga with water from a hose. Anyway technically everything is git! OK

PS. At most, some nasty old T�V man could get attached to the "long power cords" - "Sir, why not the power supply right on the back panel, only Mr. Cionglas cords ..." - but that's the designer's decision.
nothing goes here for now
Oldlegends

Indivision ECS & AGA

Post by Oldlegends »

I just noticed that it can be dangerous to pass 230 V cables through a metal strip in a metal housing without additional insulation.
Legend of old are still alive.
PanzerGeneral

Indivision ECS & AGA

Post by PanzerGeneral »

OK, I understand your concerns. You have to distinguish whether we are doing something according to the norms or above that. Of course never below. Any additional protection is recommended, especially when we do something for ourselves first (prototype) and want to feel safer (especially in old housing estates, where I come from, where today there are aluminum TN-C installations without differentials and smoking sockets). I think, although I am not a SEP expert, that even if Simon wanted to commercialize his housing and applied for CE certification, he would not have to use additional insulation (which of course reduces costs), even if it seems not entirely safe to us. BUT, your observations made me think that maybe Simon would have to move the power supply to the back in an official product and use the original cable connection of the power supply manufacturer. He would also "sucks" then the need to ground the housing and worry about providing protection against electric shock.

Sorry Simon, I made a technical case out of your God-spirit-guilty housing! Such considerations only ...
TerraNova

Indivision ECS & AGA

Post by TerraNova »

High voltage starts at 1000V and 1500V DC. In the power industry - from 60kV to 400kV
I'm settling new lands
HelloThereAll

Indivision ECS & AGA

Post by HelloThereAll »

I found such a magic "tube" device.
Nobody here but me :?: :!:
Valdor

Indivision ECS & AGA

Post by Valdor »

Nice sandwich - if anyone would try to change that in the original A600 housing.
ThisGuy01

Indivision ECS & AGA

Post by ThisGuy01 »

It is housed in the original housing (though a twin design) link

I was able to add some extra cantilever and organize everything. Only the control buttons remain, but I don't know when they will come. Maybe I will slowly update my post about housings to the A600.
I'm from Poland
Laudguy

Indivision ECS & AGA

Post by Laudguy »

Only him, why is PC the best amiga for him? Scandoubler is a PC.
Just chillin all day and night
Smallbug

Indivision ECS & AGA

Post by Smallbug »

Only something poorly prepared for Borg for the review, because only after composite (which he made a mistake with component in the movie) he did tests (if you can call it tests). Well, unless not everything is working yet and / or he did not have permission to show something more;) If it will equal even a Retrotink 5X Pro and it will be cheaper, I will consider buying it, but I will definitely not give 300EUR for the above-mentioned Retrotinka .
I'm just a small bug in grass.
SanderoCaro

Indivision ECS & AGA

Post by SanderoCaro »

Retrotink doesn't grow up to your heels. in medusa acid maker hooked up and charmed with almost every retro equipment .. from zlommodore, atari nesy sresa technical details are in the interview with lostparty 2021 on YT.
Sandero is good car :!: