How to create my own icons

All Amiga computers
Yavin

Post by Yavin »

How are Glowicons made? Is this luminous sheath added automatically by the system? You make it yourself
Does any editor do this? There is always this border after clicking Could there be a different picture?

What's the best way to edit it? Iconian?
Are there any software that you can do right away on your PC?
BigAndSmallHills

Post by BigAndSmallHills »

I don't know about GlowIcons. I use Paint for icons, but it saves it as NewIcons. I create a separately selected and unselected icon in one image.
Run for the hills, run for you life.
Openmind

Post by Openmind »

I don't know what it is like under 3.1.4 or 3.2. However, under 3.9 you can make a single-state icon in PP paint. Then, after saving it as New / Glow, you throw it into the system icon editor. From the right menu, you choose to copy the first image as the second. You switch the view to the second copied image and then from the right menu you select the option to make it darker, and then the second option to add a glow to the glow. Remember to move the image away from the upper and left edges by 4 pixels before copying, otherwise it will cut the glow of your glow.
nothing goes here for now
ThisGuy01

Post by ThisGuy01 »

The icon editor from what I remember in OS 3.2 and 3.1.4 is the same as in Wb 3.1. Unfortunately.
However, in OS 3.9 it is the better one as in OS 4.1.
I'm from Poland
Oldlegends

Post by Oldlegends »

Exactly .. and all this mess with all kinds of icons ..
Generally, I wanted to make an icon from a ready picture rather than draw something there,
I wasn't sure how it is with these GlowIcons, I'll be looking for an editor
which loads an already prepared picture e.g. in IFF and saves it as an icon ...
Legend of old are still alive.
Oldgirls

Post by Oldgirls »

Not much choice: Iconian, IconEdit from OS 3.5 (3.9).
WE all are OLD.
Catladyiscrazy

Post by Catladyiscrazy »

that's a bit of a shame ..
If we have an image, eg PNG, after clicking Information from the menu, we can choose Image to Icon
and then the picture from the file becomes its icon .. then you can possibly open this icon file in Iconian, etc., and combine something there,
Nothing here for now...
Iknownothingatall

Post by Iknownothingatall »

Doesn't that degrade the image quality as an icon?

Pictures can be read directly into the icon editor and processed there.
There are various programs and scripts on Aminet for converting images to icons.

I used to play with converting Buff-Gant icons to icons to my 3.1 by doing two pictures, combining them with Total Commander into one, throwing them into IconEdit'or in OS 3.5, removing unnecessary parts (first icon on the left) and I wrote down. It even worked out well.
i know that i know nothing at all.
KillJoy

Post by KillJoy »

No, it was ok .. after clicking the second picture there was a dimmed version - but I use it under RTG.
There are some pic2icon converters etc,
So you can replace individual ones and then put them together in another program .. I'll see if I want to play with it or look for some ready-made amiga-look
i'm gonna kill all you joy.
Doggeboy0A

Post by Doggeboy0A »

I use PPaint with an icon plug. I open the Paint, draw a rectangle about the size of the icon. I copy this rectangle down so that they are perfectly lined up with each other (one common edge). The icon is not clicked in the upper part and clicked in the lower one. Finally, I select everything but without the edges of the rectangles and save it as an info file. You only need to select the NewIcon option in the settings. Sometimes after clicking, the icon moves slightly, but I reload it into the Painter and move the picture accordingly.
I'm good doggee