How to create my own icons

All Amiga computers
Laudguy

Post by Laudguy »

When it comes to DualPNG, it's a much simpler method:

C: Join pic1.png pic2.png TO icon.info

Of course, you must provide full paths. However, PNG images must be 24 bits deep, or 32 bits if they carry an Alpha channel
Just chillin all day and night
SummerFLower

Post by SummerFLower »

Where can you find this option? I did not find anything like this in 3.9. Do you have ScalaOS?
i just strartedt to bloon this summer.
Valdor

Post by Valdor »

I was doing my own menu in WB, i.e. I was adding some tool to the Tools tab and doing other Settings tabs, and it wasn't that when I had a document selected, when I clicked on the Menu on textedit, it would open a new blank document instead of editing it .. I think the ToolsMenu program has such an option right away and I hope that in the next updates, the gentlemen will add their GUI to making the menu in order not to do it by hand .. but I solved this problem with the lack of editing of the document using the Arexx script - if nothing is selected, textedit creates in a given location a new file "new_text_file.txt" and if there is a selected file, it opens it,

I am using AmigaOS 3.2 and it, in turn, has WB Raw Info permanently built-in, i.e. an extended overlay on Icon-> Information. And then when I right-click on the icon and it gives Information (there are more options) but there is also a menu under the right button with more options and somewhere among them this option is ...

ps. Just the problem with PNG icons, as I look, they take up much more than ordinary icons,
of course, the question of the number of colors, you can give PNG, for example, with 32 colors and then convert it to 24bit and only then, I do not know if such fancy PNG icons will silt the system set on Vampire 1200 with RTG, this is probably a solution for PPC
TerraNova

Post by TerraNova »

one more remark, quite important .. - as I mentioned I am using AmigaOS 3.2, RTG replaced the main icons from the Sys directory: there are probably 8 of them combined, probably for these
And a massacre, these are not some fucking icons, but the sys: directory with those 8 icons took 4-5 seconds to load.

I replaced icon.library with the optimized version from aminet, the newest from 2021, and not only did the catalog immediately upload the icons very quickly, in addition I can have totally combed icons from AmigaOS 4 and probably Dual PNG with transparency .. and they work just as quickly .. also probably something is wrong with this icon library in AOS3.2 soon I will write to them ..
I'm settling new lands