Flight simulators for Amiga 600

All Amiga computers
TerraNova

Post by TerraNova »

I was flying upside down.
Once, I even managed to land on an aircraft carrier, I think there were 20 attempts
I'm settling new lands
Valdor

Post by Valdor »

I dreamed of flying on the screen in the CPC era and bought pirate Fighter Bomber and F16 Combat Pilot, but I bounced because everything was too complicated, too slow, too ugly. On the A1200, I did a bit of Combat Air Patrol, with collisions disabled, each landing on water or land was even successful, heating it upright down to the maximum and without the landing gear extended. But I never even managed to hit an aircraft carrier. It was only Ace Combat 3 on PSX that satisfied me and I completed all 6 endings in the Japanese version at an average level. To this day, I think this game is beautiful, especially for a machine with 33MHz and 1MB of graphics memory. Well, it's not a simulator and not on the A600. And there are missions for which I am fond of like some for River Raid.
Kilord

Post by Kilord »

All in all, I guess all the flight simulators on Amige are still playable. F-19 / F-117A - an amazing atmosphere of stealthy flight, lightning fast attack and equally stealthy escape. F-15 Strike Eagle II - fantastic brawl, with very good graphics for Amiga. Birds of Prey - I don't think I have to write here, how many simulated planes are there, the only drawback is the same cockpit for each model. But the variety of missions, the whole campaign is really great. F-29 Retaliator - good graphics, realism. Reach for the Skies / Overlord - excellent title music, well-reproduced flight physics, interesting missions (on the German side). B-17 Flying Fortress - a well-depicted bomber flight atmosphere (an hour of boredom and 2 minutes of excitement. Plus crew management). Dogfight - the possibility of checking what would happen if the F-16 faced, for example, the Sopwith Camel. Gunship 2000 - here for the rest. F-16 Combat Pilot - also a very good and realistic simulator. Really, there is a lot to choose from.
I'm from Poland in Euro.
Hover

Post by Hover »

Were you able to gain access to the fifth (probably) area of operations in the F-29 Retaliator? In some description I read about it that after passing the four basic ones, there is still a bonus. Apparently it also works on the network for two people but I have not tested it.
Zenobi

Post by Zenobi »

"Shuttle: The Space Flight Simulator" - the best possible. I completed a few missions until I was able to return to the shuttle with a released MMU. Cool. The second 24h mission, because I did not know the keyboard and I did not turn on the time acceleration. Overall I love it. The original had a poster with all the cabin panels. Mega. But you have to like such an atmosphere.
Laudguy

Post by Laudguy »

If someone wants, I have a Shuttle: The Space Flight Simulator with a poster in a box
Just chillin all day and night
ThatGuy02

Post by ThatGuy02 »

Well, I wouldn't exaggerate with this management. I set the plane to the target, change it to the rifle to shoot it and the plane turns, because the pilot decided that he would fly a different route. Because of this type of action, I stopped playing this game.
Nobody mentioned the Tornado. Though I don't know if it is suitable for the A600. Works but slow.
Openmind

Post by Openmind »

I overlooked. What configuration is the Tornado used on?
nothing goes here for now
alvin

Post by alvin »

Tornado has a beautiful Box edition and probably the thickest manual for the game :) I have it

I knew in my collection an even less known Space Max space simulator
Yavin

Post by Yavin »

I confirm, a beautiful game, I also had a box and I fired stupid: (do you have the PL version of the manual?)