Modern LCD and Amiga

All Amiga computers
Oldgirls

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by Oldgirls »

This one works really well.

Unfortunately, there is no exact description of the model on the device itself. There is, however, some on the package.

Earlier I had only 42 "TV connected to the TV - unfortunately it only worked well at the lowest resolution. On laced the picture flickered and stripes appeared. Due to this converter, such a thing does not occur anymore.
WE all are OLD.
Yellohello

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by Yellohello »

Well, on the Allegro they are available for PLN 155, on aliexpress they are about 25 bucks, so I think I will order on Aliexpress.
On ebay, I see people ripping even more on these converters, so the hyenas have already sensed the intrusions.
If you say that everything is ok, I will also try this device willingly.
For a price 2-3 times lower than any scandoubler you get something that works in all Amiga modes.

You can also connect the hdmi-DVi or hdmi-vga to any PC monitor and everything should work without any problems. So it would be a "global" solution.
Theoretically, you could fire all Amiga modes on any LCD or CRT monitor. Adapters from HDMI to DVI / VGA or Display Port are dirt cheap so I will definitely test all the options, I have some old monitors at home and I will definitely check each one.

As it turns out that everything works nicely, such a converter will soon be a very sought-after thing among amiga fans and retro fans in general.
The most important thing is not to have a lot of input lag, because then even super image quality will not help.
Hello there all.
Oldlegends

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by Oldlegends »

I have never ordered through aliexpress. I have to finally try - only these dates after more than 30 days;)

The advantage of ordering from Allegro is that in most cases you can return the goods without any problems - so minimal risk if, for example, something doesn't work for you :)

This LCD monitor for me is connected through a grommet (HMDI -> DVI cable), and the TV normally via ordinary HDMI.
I did not try to enter the VGA monitor, but I suppose it will also be a hoot;)
Legend of old are still alive.
Donotreadtis

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by Donotreadtis »

I definitely recommend it. I use 2 pieces. Works fine with RGB cable. And in the case of composite, like in CD32, the picture is much better with this upscaler than when connected directly to the TV via Scart.
Africa, ohh my Africa...
BigAndSmallHills

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by BigAndSmallHills »

If the product is defective, not working, you are entitled to a full refund. Buyer Protection is at alli. I know from my own experience, nothing needs to be sent back.
Run for the hills, run for you life.
Laudguy

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by Laudguy »

works for you with CD32, you have connected it directly or via a SCART splitter
Just chillin all day and night
Wariorr

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by Wariorr »

Directly. I had a chinch-euro av mono bi-directional cable, I rearranged the pins to make it stereo + video and it worked. With the hdmi upscaler it works even better, because the TV does not have to "calibrate" and the image is immediately stable. As I connected cdtv directly, I had to correct the horizontal shift.
I'm a great warrior of old lore.
alvin

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by alvin »

I see that they sell the same upscaler in different packages. Maybe the price depends on the box.
Doggeboy0A

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by Doggeboy0A »

And would you be able to check with the Atari ST?
I'm good doggee
KillJoy

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by KillJoy »

I also have an Atari STE. It is true that I have not checked the upscaler myself because I just ordered it on Aliexpress, but you can find videos and photos from testing. Any single equipment you have a SCART cable on should work.
The Atari image is exactly the same signal as the Amiga so there should be no difference.
i'm gonna kill all you joy.