Modern LCD and Amiga

All Amiga computers
Catladyiscrazy

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by Catladyiscrazy »

A600 I wanted to improve the image by connecting my friend to a popular monitor. For this purpose I bought a vga adapter "AMiVGA - Amiga Video RGB DB23 to VGA" for my Dell U2410 from Allegro, only because I did not want to make such an adapter myself due to the lack of a buffering scaler, which is required with this monitor: /

The effect is slightly unsatisfactory, visible vertical stripes, regardless of what I set in the monitor or in the workbench, the distortions remain.
I changed the cisco power supply to the original one. The vga cable is org. and was equipped with this monitor. Can you do something about it, modify something?
Nothing here for now...
Kilord

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by Kilord »

U2410f is like that with Amiga, these vertical stripes are visible to a different degree depending on the monitor firmware, Amiga version (or even art), power supply type, capacitor condition and graphics mode, I have 4 of these monitors and not all of them behave identically, on one, for example, it is not NTSC HiRes, but it is PAL!
on the earlier A1200 models the vertical stripes are more visible and additionally they are "enriched" with random white dots with shadows, the worst image I had on the A1200 rev.1B, and the best on 2B and 1D4 (from AT / Escom), A500 and A600 are less often attached and not I remember them to be somehow more visible.

This monitor does not require a buffered grommet, it runs on a straight line, without any electronics, but buffered is needed for some A2000 and A4000 models.
as for the power supply, I had the least interference on the linear / transformer power supply (the heavy, flooded 2.5A)

As for the modes, I remember that I made myself some optimal desktop for this monitor, so that there were no black frames and reduce the visibility of these stripes, I even managed to shoot almost perfectly, but it was a long time ago, I do not know if I will find this driver, since I have been using Voodoo3 under WB for a long time
I'm from Poland in Euro.
ThisGuy01

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by ThisGuy01 »

Thanks for the answer, personally I have the newest A08 model of this monitor from the beginning, there were never any problems but amiga is a different story than pc or consoles.
Finally, I uploaded the drivers for various display modes to WB and tested them, no revelation. I read on the forums that the only option is to change the option in the "Pixel Clock" monitor, but after selecting it, after a few seconds it shows artifacts and so on until the screen is completely smashed into bushes. It helps to switch the source to another and go back to vga and then I can see that all settings are reset. Well, the monitor is nice (a lot of outputs), but with my amiga, the image of the razor is unlikely to be.
UJP gave me a thought about buffering this monitor, in days I will make my own adapter without a scaler and see what happens.
I'm from Poland
KillJoy

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by KillJoy »

Sorry for offtop, but not to post a new topic or something like this:
HDMI Converter for Nintendo 64 / SNES / NGC Gamecube 1080P
could go with the Amiga. Since it works all the way from SNES, RGB there would be max.
I think I will order because I have N64 and GameCube. To be played on the original Goldeneye64, a masterpiece game.
i'm gonna kill all you joy.
Zenobi

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by Zenobi »

Hello

Does anyone know if EIZO L365 will work with Amiga after VGA (without Scandoubler)?
Yellohello

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by Yellohello »

You probably watched the video on YT hooking it to the A3000 with the factory scandoubler?
Hello there all.
PanzerGeneral

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by PanzerGeneral »

No, I just noticed that it is close to me for PLN 30 and so I thought whether it would work :)

Thank you very much for the answer - I let it go.

I have a Samsung 710MP - it has a blurry image quite strongly - it is not sharp.

I can buy 711MP - Is it better on it than 710MP?
BigAndSmallHills

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by BigAndSmallHills »

In my opinion, the image on 711mp is better.
Run for the hills, run for you life.
Valdor

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by Valdor »

Hello everyone,

Are there monitors over 27 inches on the market that work with the Amiga 1200/600/500 using a VGA adapter?
Iwa

Modern LCD and Amiga

Post by Iwa »

Are there monitors over 27 inches on the market that have a VGA input?
This is my little place of internet.