Amstrad PCW (Joyce)

CPC and PCW technology
TerraNova

Amstrad PCW (Joyce)

Post by TerraNova »

Thanks for a lot of response, my question ... I have PVC 8256 with extended memory up to 8512, there is a single 3 "station (180kB) connected in stock to A: actually for the tape that is there (prepared place for connecting floppy drive B: double density 720 kB) it does not matter where we plug in the drive, we can define it with the AB selection switch ... ultimately I want to connect the GOTEK HXC in the basic version (SFR1M44-FU-DL) without a display, only a switch ... Gotek works but only solo, when connecting the floppy disk drive, there is no startup program (famous transverse lines), there is no chance for cooperation, no matter what is on the S0 or S1 switch ... My question, of course, concerns connecting GOTEKA so that the system works in a system with a floppy disk drive. How to do it? Someone suggested connecting 180 kB floppy disks, Gotek formatted to 720 kB to this drive. Well OK, but the configuration programs are bigger and what about the added HFE program ???
The second question actually concerns CPC, it is known that Gotek can also be connected as B to the edge connector (secend drive 2) with switching to S1, with a working floppy disk 3 "(stock) as A ... anyone knows why there are bugs on this configuration? ?? Switches to disk B, but after CAT, work with program launch is no longer possible
I'm settling new lands
SummerFLower

Amstrad PCW (Joyce)

Post by SummerFLower »

Did you make this converter yourself or did you buy from those previously offered ready ??? Do you know where to buy ready-made ones, I have a layout diagram, but I don't want to do it yet?
i just strartedt to bloon this summer.
Donotreadtis

Amstrad PCW (Joyce)

Post by Donotreadtis »

A French video on how the Guest dealt with the problem effectively (it doesn't work for me):
Removing the cable (maybe it's the cable's fault, because I have a cable with a jumper on the last pins made for the 3.5 "station)
Photo of BUGs on the screen after connecting the system
Africa, ohh my Africa...
Catladyiscrazy

Amstrad PCW (Joyce)

Post by Catladyiscrazy »

@micza, I once bought my IF RS232 + Centronics in a set with my Joyce, it is factory but not the original Amstrad.
Nothing here for now...
Smallbug

Amstrad PCW (Joyce)

Post by Smallbug »

I know them - Schneider, when he produced them (I asked it almost impossible to get by now), here you have a schematic of a non-original one:
Can't you help with this my problem?
I'm just a small bug in grass.
NamelessOne

Amstrad PCW (Joyce)

Post by NamelessOne »

From what I can see this is a problem in CPC, not CPW?

Anyway, Gotek to Amstrad / Sneider 6128 has not yet connected, only to the external. controller (home made) in CPC464 and there was no major problem there.
It is possible that you have something wrong in the configuration, i.e. the image format in Gotek does not match the settings in Parados very well.
I have no name and never will have.
Yellohello

Amstrad PCW (Joyce)

Post by Yellohello »

I do not know how to format Gotek firmware, I think I have a new V35 - I can only format the attached pendrive, BUT the same gotek in PVC solo as S0 works perfectly, the same with CPC works perfectly as S0 at input A ...
Hello there all.
HelloThereAll

Amstrad PCW (Joyce)

Post by HelloThereAll »

Do you have HxC or FlashFloppy firmware? (I've never had anything to do with HxC)
Maybe there is a bug in Gotek's firmware with 2 drives in the system, but I can't confirm it.
Maybe someone else will say what it is like.
Nobody here but me :?: :!:
Hover

Amstrad PCW (Joyce)

Post by Hover »

I am afraid that you have commercial Firmware HxC, I will not help you here because I do not know it. : -X
It may not work with the other floppy disk drive.

If you have another Gotek then upload FlashFloppy and check ... what you have is a pity, because you may lose your license.
In my FlashFloppy, I simply choose the disk image as I want (its name appears on the display) and everything works fine and the programs load normally.
However, some games on the external drive will not run correctly if they read in progress or their loader has references to the internal drive.
SanderoCaro

Amstrad PCW (Joyce)

Post by SanderoCaro »

Well, it is better not to risk it because it is still under warranty, I used to talk to my colleague Zaxon about this problem of Gotek as B station - or maybe some of you "jumped" this problem, these bugs
Sandero is good car :!: