CPC 464 problem

CPC and PCW technology
Oldgirls

CPC 464 problem

Post by Oldgirls »

In the CPC 464 with the MC0046A board, someone cut this "something" behind the power socket (next to the capacitor). This is some kind of ferrite ring, the filter you mean?
A circuit with diodes, capacitors and a 7805 stabilizer is soldered to the socket, and the output of the circuit goes to the tape recorder connector (it goes to the switch on the housing). So someone converted the power supply from standard 5V to variable or permanent slightly larger than 5V. The owner was surprised that the power supply from the monitor was not working, but after the drops on the diodes, the stabilizer was somehow unable to squeeze out the 5V, because it had nothing to do with it. After connecting the correct power supply, the computer came to life, but I would like to restore it to the factory condition, especially since it is very nice on the outside. Betray it, or should you install a ring?

Or maybe someone has encountered such a "factory" (rather made in Poland, because Polish capacitors) reworking of models sold without monitors and maybe it's not worth touching?
WE all are OLD.
MovieDirector@

CPC 464 problem

Post by MovieDirector@ »

If I remember correctly, this "something" was a fuse (a polymer disposable in a cylindrical housing).
I'm gonna direct a movie someday...
KillJoy

CPC 464 problem

Post by KillJoy »

Er, I don't think so. Please have a look here. I mean the element under the power socket (no mark is visible). It looks like ferrite, and the wires wound on it do not seem to evaporate under some slight short circuit.
i'm gonna kill all you joy.
SummerFLower

CPC 464 problem

Post by SummerFLower »

Maybe someone had picked up on mine before, but something like this was sitting there.
i just strartedt to bloon this summer.
Iknownothingatall

CPC 464 problem

Post by Iknownothingatall »

Or maybe it's what is still a bit further, i.e. power relay (Omron G4S-1112P-1-B-19) ??
Maybe the above-mentioned fuse is this "capacitor"
i know that i know nothing at all.
Yellohello

CPC 464 problem

Post by Yellohello »

@paroos: I mean the item in the red circle from the attached photo.

@pear: I understand that the pictorial picture and this fuse had more than 315mA? The tape recorder itself can probably pull more. What was there? 2A?
Hello there all.
Smallbug

CPC 464 problem

Post by Smallbug »

What's that blue wrap on the right side?
I have never seen anything like this in CPC in my life.
I'm just a small bug in grass.
Openmind

CPC 464 problem

Post by Openmind »

I couldn't read what was there before, so I put 1A. Enough.
nothing goes here for now
Laudguy

CPC 464 problem

Post by Laudguy »

This element marked in red is nothing more than an ordinary choke with one turn of two wires on a ferrite ring.

It is the Z70378 MC0046A board, the so-called medium-sized version 3, only this one has so many induction elements on board :)
There were three generations of discs from what I know of the medium version, Z70374, Z70375 and Z70378, but only the latter has so many ferrites, even before the Jack-Audio socket and the tape recorder connector. :about
This version of the album was most often produced for the German market and sometimes for the Spanish market.
This additional element / inductive hybrid is probably some kind of filter for the monitor connector.
Just chillin all day and night
TerraNova

CPC 464 problem

Post by TerraNova »

In the German version, there was also a sheet metal tightly shielding the top and bottom of the main plate + all these chokes were to ensure compliance with their more stringent standards regarding the emission of electromagnetic disturbances.

Generally, if it is missing, you can make a simple jumper with a piece of silver or wire.
I'm settling new lands