Timex keys whitening

UK world
Yavin

Timex keys whitening

Post by Yavin »

I got a new faceplate for Timex 2048 and before I stick it permanently, I decided to do two more things - first, repairing some rather hard-working keys - I bought a so-called remote control repair kit, i.e. a set of small round conductive rubber bands and glue - it works great and all the keys work great now - if someone has a similar problem, I recommend it. The second thing is that most of the keys are quite yellow and here I have some dilemmas. I've already whitened computers and keyboards, I didn't manage to break anything, but I have mixed feelings about these Timex keys - has anyone whitened them? There is no risk of accidentally removing these prints, which are quite easily rubbed off with chemicals? Can you put it in the perhydrol?
Zenobi

Timex keys whitening

Post by Zenobi »

I would be a bit careful with whitening the Timex keyboard, because the inscriptions are painted on the keys and wear off easily.

I used to regenerate a yellowed and partially worn TC2048 keyboard by sticking stickers with descriptions on the keys, but I will not find this project anymore, because it was two HDD failures ago in my home laptop. > :(

I did such a project in Corel once, I printed it on a white self-adhesive foil, then cut it out with a scalpel and glued it to the keys.

The effect wasn't perfect, but it was acceptable to me and it looked much better than the scuffed keys.
Everything is a matter of accurately cutting the foil.

By the way, you could order such pre-cut and ready-made stickers in a printing facility, but for a few pieces it probably does not pay off, and the demand for it will not be great.
alvin

Timex keys whitening

Post by alvin »

Hmm, in fact, I think I saw this project somewhere, you have to look for it, if so;)
Unfortunately, it is already inactive, if someone else had this file from a colleague Lasero, please share it.
Doggeboy0A

Timex keys whitening

Post by Doggeboy0A »

Yes, I had this one too, but it is not vector, I also had my old one in Corel, both of them are unfortunately lost
I'm good doggee
Iwa

Timex keys whitening

Post by Iwa »

In my resource I found something like the attachment.
This is my little place of internet.
SanderoCaro

Timex keys whitening

Post by SanderoCaro »

Oh great, thanked you.
Sandero is good car :!:
NamelessOne

Timex keys whitening

Post by NamelessOne »

I would like to add that this is exactly the same file placed above that was placed on drive.google.com
I have no name and never will have.
Wariorr

Timex keys whitening

Post by Wariorr »

I will write that after one day in perhydrol, the imprints on the keys hold well, nothing smears and does not disappear. We'll see in a few days.
I'm a great warrior of old lore.
ThatGuy02

Timex keys whitening

Post by ThatGuy02 »

By using, for example, the template attached earlier, you could probably achieve a nice and lasting effect.
Computeoguy

Timex keys whitening

Post by Computeoguy »

This paper is interesting though expensive, but in the case of yellow Timex keys it may not make sense, because there will be a nice description on the still yellowed key because it is transparent material
I't does not compute....