Writing ADF to real floppy

All Amiga computers
PanzerGeneral

Post by PanzerGeneral »

Whats up,

I would like to burn floppy disks which Amiga can read from ADF files. I know that normally I cannot burn floppy disks under a PC and the Amiga will read it.

I tried ADTWin. I bought a cable and connected it to the LPT in the computer. I had the LPT port through a PCI controller. I tried on Windows 10 and Windows XP. The program supposedly records, but Amiga does not read. Even XCopy shows the floppy disk is 99% free.

I also tried via the NullModem cable. I bought and got a floppy disk with AmigaExplorer for Amiga. But I don't have Workbench 1.3. I only have the higher version (found in the attic, used to have A600). I have a game that starts a truncated version of Workbench and then I have an icon to start the game. When I run it, I change the floppy, I have AmigaExplorer, but I get an error that it cannot open the port. Can you get around it or do I need the entire Workbench?
Valdor

Post by Valdor »

AmigaExplorer also works (even better) on Workbench 2.0
Hover

Post by Hover »

But on Amiga 500 with Kickstart 1.3 I will not run Workbench 2.0
Yavin

Post by Yavin »

Strange, it shows you the disc has finished recording with no problem?
You are running as admin, and you shut down all other programs?
alvin

Post by alvin »

you can map kick a special floppy disk and start it
Zenobi

Post by Zenobi »

Yes, I ran it as admin. But I had to from the command line. I did not want to search for the LPT port without it.

I mean, it shows me nothing. It just ends. In some video on the Internet, it also does not show anything after the recording is finished. But it does not show errors.

Do I have to close all programs? Any redundant processes?

I read something about running the system on one CPU core. Will it help something?
Computeoguy

Post by Computeoguy »

Can you tell me the topic?
I't does not compute....
ThatGuy02

Post by ThatGuy02 »

Do you have a link to this floppy disk for LPT transfer? Maybe there will be something. It probably uses paradise. On the pc side, it's best to dos, win95 / 98 because with xp you had to change something. Maybe dosbox will see if dosem virtual?
ThisGuy01

Post by ThisGuy01 »

Ie the floppy disk is for a Null Modem cable. It has the Amiga Explorer on it. Two copies of some, I suspect one for Kickstart 1.2 and 1.3, and the other for higher. I do not have a floppy disk for the LPT cable.
I'm from Poland
Kilord

Post by Kilord »

Without the software on the Amiga side, you will not record on LPT (and a special cable).

If you want, write to priv and I will send the Hombre package where you have everything you need to transfer files under kick 1.3 (serial, parallel, floppy disks). Even as the author of this package, I suggest you buy a gotek just for peace of mind
I'm from Poland in Euro.