What is game name hunting for u boots

General discussion for retro gaming
Iknownothingatall

Post by Iknownothingatall »

Hello,
I'm looking for the title of a game where you sailed the destroyer in the Atlantic and looked for U-boats. When the sonar directed us to the U-boat, another screen appeared, on which we could set the depth at which the depth charges that we were dropping from the destroyer would explode. The depth setting was random, because you never knew what depth the submarine would be, either you hit it or you didn't. You also had to call at the port to replenish the bombs, and that was the hardest part, because every contact with the wharf ended up destroying the ship, and you had to think a little to finally get to the dock. I thought the game was called Wolfpack, but I didn't find any C64 games with this title. Anyone know this game ??
i know that i know nothing at all.
HelloThereAll

Post by HelloThereAll »

Sea Wolf?
Nobody here but me :?: :!:
ThisGuy01

Post by ThisGuy01 »

Wolf Pack was on the Amiga. If it was also on the c64, then a it was a crap.
Maybe Silent Service?
I'm from Poland
Smallbug

Post by Smallbug »

No, no, these are not the games ... I remember that there were convoys in the Atlantic and it was near them that sonar picked up the U-boats most often. When we managed to get close to the U-boat at the appropriate distance, then the screen switched from the general view of the part of the Atlantic to a new window, in which two depth charges were dropped from the destroyer on the sea surface, setting the depth at which they were to explode. After the bombs were dropped, the submarine would appear, and then you knew if it had hit the right depth or if you had to try again. I played this game at a friend's, it was impossible to tear myself away
I'm just a small bug in grass.
Kilord

Post by Kilord »

I dreamed it was Destroyer (but I played it once a hundred years ago so I doubt it).
Maybe more details to narrow down the collection; was it a simulation or an arcade game?
I'm from Poland in Euro.
MovieDirector@

Post by MovieDirector@ »

Maybe you played another Commodore game?
If this game was on c64, it must be in this database
I'm gonna direct a movie someday...
BigAndSmallHills

Post by BigAndSmallHills »

It's not red Storm Rising, but the game I mentioned, despite the lack of graphics;), managed to pull me in for long nights: D I think I'm going to have a game at work ...
Run for the hills, run for you life.
Donotreadtis

Post by Donotreadtis »

Hello all :)
I also played the mentioned game and started searching as well. In the name I associate that Wolf was indeed, but the game could have been known under a different title. Anyway, in the mentioned database I was looking for games by genre and I find that the mentioned game is NOT in this database (or it is hiding well). It is not Wolfpack, nor Seawolfe, although they are similar in some respects. BUT:
The main screen was a map of the North Atlantic. The USA was there too. You were swimming and just looking for the u-boat, when you got there, the screen changed and we had our ship and set the depth at which we were dropping depth charges.
The most fun, however, was with the ports. You had to wave the joystick quite well. The ports were different and you had to bring your ship to the quay.
The port looked as well as I remember, similar to this (but it's a completely different game):
Africa, ohh my Africa...
KillJoy

Post by KillJoy »

Hmmm, maybe Bismarck?
I used to play it back then, but it's a terribly difficult game.
i'm gonna kill all you joy.
Oldgirls

Post by Oldgirls »

No, it's not Bismark. I also know Bismark. There, ship identification was cool, etc;) but that's different.
On the other hand, on the Waldico compilation No. 75 there is "Wulf Pack" is it Wolf Pack or something else? Does anyone have the opportunity to check? And the game was quite fun and as I remember it had a nice melody. I just wanted to find her to remember her
WE all are OLD.