Ultimate Pinball Quest

General discussion for retro gaming
Laudguy

Ultimate Pinball Quest

Post by Laudguy »

Man learns all his life. With this opinion, I would like to start this post. Recently I tried to go through this flipper and I did it. I remember trying many times once, but each time I ended up listening to the music from this game instead of bouncing the ball. This game is tough and it's hard to get the ball where you want it, especially on the first table where the adventure mode is largely based.
I found that after each mini-game I complete, a screen appears with a girl holding a large tray. After each bonus table you finish, one item appears on the tray. After playing the game, I had six of them. This screen was not visible on any YouTube video, so I thought I'd share my little discovery with you :)
Just chillin all day and night
Hover

Ultimate Pinball Quest

Post by Hover »

Cool, I'll play too.
Smallbug

Ultimate Pinball Quest

Post by Smallbug »

and this is what the above-mentioned graphic looks like :)
I'm just a small bug in grass.
Kilord

Ultimate Pinball Quest

Post by Kilord »

Man, for me it's the best Amiga pinball ever (don't be offended SlamTilt lovers) big smile
I'm from Poland in Euro.
ThatGuy02

Ultimate Pinball Quest

Post by ThatGuy02 »

I do not know if this is a distortion in the film, but the scroll and the behavior of the ball and paws are a bit strange by the standards of Slam Tilt.

I have to check it in real life.
Computeoguy

Ultimate Pinball Quest

Post by Computeoguy »

I did not notice anything strange about the behavior of the ball. I was playing winuae, at the beginning it is very difficult to get used to the big tables and the emptiness there. Quest, like Prelude, is an experimental pinball game. The desert table is the worst, the first table top climbs up to 60 screens and each segment is equally uninteresting. It's hard to get the ball higher, and by doing nothing you can fly down 2-3 screens without being able to stop somehow. The other two tables are more "normal", still quite large, but with more attractions and easier to control.
I't does not compute....
TerraNova

Ultimate Pinball Quest

Post by TerraNova »

I remember that when I was young I liked this pinball very much. I fired on winuae and ... was terribly disappointed. While Pinball Dreams, Fantasies or the fantastic Slamtilt are defending themselves, UPQ is not. The "Heavy Metal" table can be accepted as such, but the first two do not work at all. The above-mentioned transition to the higher parts of the table in "Wasteland" is very unpleasant - it's hard to enjoy this table. On the other hand, in the "Antarctica" table, which I remember well from my youth, I now found the most irritating mistakes. The physics of the ball reveals the most errors on this table, the ball bounces very unpredictably and counter-intuitively. In addition, there are errors in bonus games - during a short test game I found a bug in the bonus with two sets of pads - the ball fell off me, and the table did not notice it and waited for the irrefutable element to come to the end of the screen. To sum up - another game that has not stood the test of time. Fortunately, there are so many who have gone through :).
I'm settling new lands
Catladyiscrazy

Ultimate Pinball Quest

Post by Catladyiscrazy »

Will refer to the topic because I have a problem with this game. I have the WHDLoad version and after selecting the game type (Arcade) and the table, the latter appears, but unfortunately I cannot start the game because pressing 1, 2, 3 or 4 has no effect. It is probably a matter of WHDLoad installation, but maybe someone solved this problem?
Nothing here for now...
Yavin

Ultimate Pinball Quest

Post by Yavin »

You have such keyologies.
Zenobi

Ultimate Pinball Quest

Post by Zenobi »

I know keyboards. The problem is that the 1-4 keys that should start the game don't work.