XS

Reviews of classig computer games
Iwa

XS

Post by Iwa »

Since its appearance Quake in the field 3D games lasted no pleasant lull. The games are released Power Slave and Blood cannot to be considered as no events, because neither it's nice or innovative. On the XS I waited a really, long time (like other SCI games, boasting the longest ever advertising campaign). I have to I admit that when I saw the screenshots on the Net, they did on me very positive impression and only has left my appetite. Finally Alex handed me an orange plate- color with the inscription XS Shield Up Fight Back, with a commentary: miserable graphics, and most of all sloppy sprites. Full of the worst thoughts I ran home and I started the game. And then I was speechless. Lately I melted very much by watching great videos for PSX. There they are always fullscreen, non-interlaced and in high definition. The lntro to the XS is low, but it simply clogs. Perfect. You have to see the game even due to the intro. No console would be ashamed of such an animation. Wonder. Undoubtedly the best-made PC intro ever made. Need to add, that is quite a big achievement like on SCI, because so far the quality of FMV in the company's productions left a lot to be desired. Now let's move on to the right one gameplay. The XS is totally nieliş a new and unusual First Person game Perspective. There are no hordes here opponents or vast bases, which must be blown up, but there is the Arena and a lot of gladiators who will be in this Arena with. I do not have to unless I add that :

one of those glad and pink will be You, dear Player. Graphics in low resolution (and I don't know about high resolution), but it looks pretty correct. I do not advise to turn off details because it might end up permanent trauma to 3D games. On the other hand, all characters are completely straightforward in three dimensions, and because they walk in force fields (similar to those from Lynch's "Dune" movie), such graphics work perfectly well true a bit "square", but that is the premise of the game. We can choose from several different types of combat. So you can include something in the kind of practice where he chooses one of the Arenas, any number any opponents and tries to win against them. You can also start a normal game in which in addition to There will be three more of us in the Arena randomly selected gladiators. Of course, you can set the level difficulties. It is quiet on "easy". Problems start at the "normal" level. The enemy shows this, what is most lacking in all 3D games - intelligence. Keys, hides, sometimes pops up from around the corner using "strafing", it just acts like a human. This increases the pleasure of play several times - the game is not limited to smash hundreds of weaklings, but for real combat with a small number of smart and strong opponents. Of course not play completely blind, we can learn almost everything about each player special report. I advise you to listen. Especially an immersive doctor from Russian.

An interesting idea is to limit the number of weapons: two shooting and one throwing. You can choose them from several available. Mobility a warrior depends on his workload. A small thing, but it enjoys. Of course, there is also ability to play online and via modem. In fact, the game is made for that. To fully enjoy this undoubtedly extraordinary product, you need at least P100, 8MB RAM (16 HIGHLY recommended) and sound card. like someone has a computer meeting these requirements, I wish him really Have fun.
This is my little place of internet.