Doom 2

Reviews of classig computer games
Miwod

Doom 2

Post by Miwod »

if anyone would ever be tempted to designate a breakthrough moments in the history of computer games is definitely one of them it would have been 1993 when Doom was released to the astonished eyes of gamers. I know it sounds a bit uplifting, which must be great to contrast with the very down-to-earth themes of Doom, but the facts are just like that that at the moment we can divide the games into those that were created before Doom and on those that arose after him. Even appropriate abbreviations should be introduced here: BD- Before Doom AD- After Doom. A practical application for these designations would be found quickly.

A practical application for these markings would quickly be found on the packaging all games. The buyer, seeing the letters AD or BD, would immediately know something worthwhile, or too avoid it from a distance. I guess it's a good idea, but surely nobody will be interested in it and this is for the simple reason that it is not in the interest of sellers to inform customers about the program is not as good as its packaging suggests. This, of course, applies to games that have been created before doom. It still has one weak point. Computer entertainment enthusiasts have just noted because another significant moment in the history of games, which would amount to the introduction of the third designation.

You will admit that three is too much. therefore it is better to close the whole thing at once. As for this historic moment, it's news that come to us they show conclusively of the end work on the second part of the slaughterhouse the time is so wonderfully provided with a sounding title: Doom 2.. A new hit (because I'm sure it will be a hit) of the guys from ID Software does not differ much from its original ... with a few small ones exceptions. The main goal is this alone: total extermination. However, a few exceptions are the new "story" attached to the game, although completely unknown what for (I always say that it doesn't matter where and why you shoot, it's important how accurately you shoot). It tells

They say that after returning to earth, instead of a smiling wife you found an even larger swamp waiting in the doorway and delicious dinner. than you had the pleasure of watching on Mars. Demons have taken over the earth and now something has to be done about it. Of course, you were assigned to this task. Good Luck Another novelty, “The computer prompts you to confirm your selection. The words "Are you sure? This level is not even a tiny bit honest" can make you wonder. Though not for long, of course. All the difficulty with Nightmare is that the computer has an unlimited number of monsters here, which in addition to it all the time they teleport and it is usually for yours Back - They do it so often that it takes away After all, it feels as if there was a huge cooler to the brim next to it, filled with demons, from which the computer draws freshly thawed monsters into battle every second. Hmm, that would be the first difficulty. 2 is the simple fact that your opponents shoot more accurately than you. 3 obstacle to glory are six new types the creatures you will meet on your way. One of them is among others! a spherical monster filled to the brim with flying skulls that pop out of it at a rate of one every three seconds. This makes it in a very short time.

time around you may be, say, twenty of them You will say, of course, that you have to beat their source and cut it short. Sure you have to, just skulls they keep an eye on their daddy and they try keep you away from it. If so You're not gonna get him in the first place a few seconds, when the skulls are still few, you can have later the problem not only with getting rid of daddy, but also with his own experience. In addition, the killed monster explodes, leaving behind a few more, orphaned skulls that you should of course look after. I am writing all of this to give you a picture of what the weakest looks like new friend. Now you can start thinking about the rest. Oh, don't you he mistakenly believed that these monsters would only be seen in Nighmare difficulty. They run on all difficulty levels, including the easiest one. As for the Nightmare level, now combine all the things I wrote about in one piece and it turns out that completing level 1 is extremely difficult. There is nothing to dream about the others, I know because I have tried.

don't know who at ID Software is responsible for solutions architectural and spatial In the game, but you have to admit that he did the job Great. Even the most complicated stages of the first part are puzzled with what you will see now. Structure of individual levels for it has grown not only in everything and along, but also up and down. This means, for example, great halls, in which you will not be standing below he could see the ceiling and nothing at the top you'll see bottoms - then wonder man, is he even there some kind of ceiling or bottom. As difficult and challenging to think will be also finding all the keys, and then a door to put it in. In both cases you often face the following problem: I see the key, but I don't know how to get to it. Yes, yes, getting around in Doom 2 is not that easy. Number of elevators, levers, switches, teleports, moving platforms and false walls can make you dizzy. Or rather, not the quantity, but getting how the hell it all, it works. Well, I never wrote about Doom 2 being an easy game.

Finally, it's time to say a few words about graphics and sound. Hmm, how to put it. Basically neither one nor one long is no different from what you saw and heard in the first part. You have however, you can choose as many as five brightness levels of the screen according to your preferences, which makes the game much easier. You will also find rooms where even the largest brightening the screen will not improve visibility. You will see on three steps ahead, and possibly your own death. I hope this short description will encourage you to play Doom 2. It is basically aimed at those who have not encountered the first part. Believe me, it's really worth it. For those who have already played Doom 1, here I am sure when this review will be released, they will just finish the last 36th level. Good Luck.

My name is Not Miwod. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: