Duke Nukem 3D Plutonium Pack

Reviews of classig computer games
Computeoguy

Duke Nukem 3D Plutonium Pack

Post by Computeoguy »

It so happened that when Duke Nukem 3D appeared on the market I was still completely "green" in the industry. The topic was taken by Alex and I've seen it so much. Then he appeared get Nuke It, a set of stages for the full game. And he hit no again to me, only to Frogger. Now is my time. We have a new Duke and TERA IA BEDE reviewed it. Well, maybe I overdid a bit with this "new" Duke. In fact, innovation is limited to add one new one episode ("The Birth"), one new weapon and two new enemies. enlarger, or "enlarger", and it is just like that "Inverted in action" version of the good old shrinker. Enlarger is very effective against groups of enemies - a hit guy grows first and then, after crossing the critical point, it explodes with a fire force z RPG. There is no rose without thorns. The Enlarger is much weaker than the shrinker - an ordinary alien trooper dies only after two shots. If we add a very small magazine to it, it turns out that the weapon is completely useless in the long run. Better after just shoot with an RPG.

The new opponents are Pig Copy in tanks and Aliens modeled on heroes of the film "Strangers". And some, and the others are extremely annoying. Pig Copy shoots very quickly and cause a lot of trouble even experienced player. Stranger they are darkness incarnate. Very fast, persistent, "deadly" in hand-to-hand combat in addition, jumping and firing a shrinker. If I add to it more the fact that it occurs only in closed ones rooms and narrow corridors, you will probably understand why I don't like them. The artwork has been improved menu, added some setup options and that was it. Changes they are rather cosmetic and not bring much new. But on a special one new milestones deserve attention. IN you can find each of them the so-called "Cultural signs" that everyone who goes to the cinema from time to time should understand. At the beginning we have "Impossible Mission" and the famous "wells" that Tom Cruise broke into (undoubtedly the best scene in the movie). He leads to the room ventilation duct from the storeroom on brooms. The hatch is protected by laser grid .

On my journey through the next stages I found Duke Burger (with ButtHead's voice from DrivThru), a supermarket, and even a police station. When I was sightseeing one of the police offices, I suddenly heard Duke talking the famous "Iupikajej maderfaker" i saw on the desk a badge with the name of John Mc Clane (what they don't understand, I suggest watching the series "Die Hard"). I also found Inspector Calahan's office when I heard immortal: "Go ahead. Make my day! ". He was stunned me, however, stage "Area 51" just the base from the movie "Independance Day." There's even a ship Aliens set in a hangar, a bomb inside, using whose mother ship was wrecked. Just insane. I forgot, that Duke also has a new one text: ,, I'll get medieval on your asses! ! I ", that is New stages, except that they contain a lot references to recently produced films are important for one more reason - they are perfectly made. I have only one small objection to the new episode. it is intended only for complete geeks. The difficulty level is very high. Overall: Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition / Plutonium Pak is a great addition to the full version. A few hours from life and a guaranteed return.

I't does not compute....