Lords Of The Realm

Reviews of classig computer games
Iwa

Lords Of The Realm

Post by Iwa »

Strategic-war and quite complicated interface user causing that managing a country consisting of a few or a dozen the provinces took a long time and required the use of a million icons. In the second part the developers have simplified the rules of the game as much as possible, and at the same time they made them much more realistic. Besides, we are now playing a campaign consisting of several scenarios. We can fight a battle not only for England, but also for Fr. France, Ireland or Italy, and even the Holy Land. It is a pity that all campaigns run in the same realities and differ between themselves only with maps. Probably the most important stage of the campaign is the first few turns. IN their duration will decide whether you will be able to take equal fight with computer enemies. You start having one province and a castle and some cows, raw materials, money and weapons. Well if the province is densely populated. Worse when at the beginning you have, for example, 165 citizens (this is how I started the campaign in Italy) - you can't even raise an army. if possible, do your best take the next one in winter province. In the first round weak clothes will protect her. Unfortunately, you should set very low tax rate to make the population happy as soon as possible 80% (and more) - then you can count on an influx of immigrants. if in the province a merchant is currently visiting, buying a weapon (especially pikes). It is not known when the next one will appear, and the invasion for the neighboring provinces carry out as soon as possible. Also buy a grain (if it you do not have) to still in winter sow one field. if you procrastinate conception of an invasion, it even The "common move" defending a neutral province will become very strong. It will be consist of several hundred peasants, over a hundred archers dozens of pikemen.

Try to start producing weapons as soon as possible (it is related to the sourcing of raw materials). In the beginning, it is better to buy bows and produce spades, because it is cheap. In your province, you can assign people to eight kinds of jobs. Thanks to the cows, we have milk and cheese - so they are the feeders of the population. On one of the boards you can find out how many inhabitants are currently feeding dairy products. Cows they require pasture and do not like it crowds. So if you have a lot cows and little pasture, cows they will die. It depends on the season. In winter, grain should be sown (one the field is fully planted 10 bags of grain), harvest the crop in the fall (120 bags of each fully sown flap). If for field work if you allocate fewer people than necessary, the crops and harvest will be proportionally less. In the later stages of the game fallow land will be a large part of your fields. To change them into fields that can be used in farming or growing crops, you must assign peasants to working on them. This usually requires a large number of employees. Wood is used to build castles and make weapons. Iron is used for production weapons. Stone is the basic building block when building a castle if you don't build a castle, forgive it this activity. there are five types of locks; Wooden Palisade (40 units stone - 400 wood), Motte and Bailey (80k - 800cl), Norman Keep (1000k - 200d), Stone Castle (2000k - 400d) and Royal Castle (3000k - 800d). In addition to the raw materials needed to erect them, we must Have a large number of peasants who do nothing else, so in the later stages of the game building a solid castle is difficult. When we build a castle, it is automatically sent there small garrison.

You can create an army out of it at any time. Any lock can too take a certain number of troops (e.g. up to 600 in the case of the Royal Castle). Along with selling your manufactured goods to itinerant merchants, taxes are the main method earning money. Principle is simple: the lower the taxes, the happier they are Citizens. With an introduction In principle, you should wait until the happiness of the population reaches a very high level. Then you can collect tax. if possible, keep on high level of happiness and the health of the population and do not raise an army. Then high taxes will come in. if a crisis requires it situation (you can see that the enemy army is moving towards you, a you have no money to appoint your own) do not hesitate increase the tax to 20% i more. Of course you will consequences (the level of making people happy), but you will also get a powerful injection cash. Happiness is symbolized by a red heart and marked with values ​​from o to 100. When the population of the province is dissatisfied (0-20), you have to reckon with rebellion. You will be watching for a very long time migration of their subjects to other provinces. Only when happiness is really achieved high values ​​(80 and more), It is a great way to attract labor or future ones soldiers. Of course it's best Let the migration take place on in the way of the enemy a province his own province, not his own province-own province.

To raise your happiness index people, it is enough to give people good food (normal: +1, double: +5, triple: +7), buy im beer (every dozen barrels the indicator jumps by one point), take care of their health (good: +1, perfect: +2) i keep tax moderation (0% - 5%, from +5 to O). if you raise taxes above 19%, there will be more dissatisfaction inhabitants of such an experienced province, but also everyone other. At the time of setting up the army, the happiness of the population falls sharply. In my opinion, it plays a role here more cosmetic than it is a viable gameplay option. IN some games you can thanks her to reach heights here it is unlikely to bring any real benefits. They seem to exist options that allow you to propose to one of your opponents alliance (only when he likes us), a then a joint attack on another enemy, but never succeeded provoke a joint attack. Another thing is too much I didn't make the effort. Definitely however don't disappoint to send from a nice few occasionally words (and what does it cost us?) or even a little gift. Unfortunately, life is not idyllic unpleasant random events can happen to us. At the beginning each turn we get a message about what happened in a given province (if anything happened at all). The plague is the most terrible. the province is referred to as sick, and the number of deaths exceeds the number of births. Fatal events include also fires and floods, causing the loss of farmland. What worse, the fields lost in this way cannot be recovered. There will also be a plague sometimes among cows, plague of wolves or rats. But that there was no so sad, the authors came up with also nice events, z which the nicest are increased number of births among residents] and cow bonanza, causing a sharp increase in the number of cows.

The backbone of the army should be archers. They will take on the main burden of the fight. Without they are hard to imagine victory is not paid too large losses. but archers must be protected, because they are branches very much not very resistant in the fight "hand to hand ". Ideally, they should be protected by squads of pikemen - pikes they are the cheapest of the effective ones weapons. Admittedly, it is easy production of maces, but the infantry armed with them has too low effectiveness. It won't have a branch in the army crossbowmen. They are much more resistant to archers, they ask also more damage, but they shoot from a much shorter distance. Of course, it's also good to have in the army's elite, i.e. the knights. These are incredibly fast troops (they can cover the entire battlefield in the blink of an eye eye), resistant and effective. which you will apply when joining the battle a second time Very often the computer leaves its archers or crossbowmen, moving other troops (it does not take too much long, then archers catch up with the rest of the army), then you can send a branch that it will neutralize them (preferably knights, because they are the fastest) _ Take advantage of what they give bridges or narrow passages between forests. Block it the way of pikemen or heavy on foot and lead the archers. But beware, when the opponent realizes that he is not can pass, he sends an army another way.

You have to be careful, so that he does not come to the side. When the computer has an explicit advantage, he chooses to carrying out a frontal attack. Usually has then a huge number of the peasantry. You have to choose the optimal position for your troops on the battlefield. if it is open space (no bridges or narrow, defendable passages), group all archers in the corner of the map and surround them pikemen or even peasants, for lack of better ones troops Now the enemy, before he gets to the archers, will be pretty shredded and there is hope that he will lose the bivva. When the computer is running your army to attack, send against her (but already within the range of their archers' shots) some kamikaze. Before he dies, he will bind on a moment of enemy strength that will give time to give back to the archers several series of shots. Hostile archers usually are hiding behind the backs of the infantry. But You often have the chance to send spearmen or other infantry to the rear and neutralize the archers when you think attack from the front. units, unfortunately, do not fully obey the player. Not sent to the specified place they will go there if they meet opponent. It's also hard "Break off" the branch just fighting. It also happens that the soldiers do not fight, though they are close to the enemy! You will know it by the fact that the silhouette of a soldier does not wave a weapon. You must then spend them individual orders. When you're trying to neutralize enemy archers or crossbowmen, you must steer each individual soldier and position them to make one of your squads did not allow you to shoot two or three enemy units. To conquer the province on which it is built castle, we must destroy the castle garrison first. Half poverty, if we are dealing with Wooden Palisade or Motte and Bailey. The real trouble starts with the capture of the Stone Castle. Here are a few general advice. Don't automatically resolve a fight. Once I sent to attack the castle almost a fist of soldiers (the garrison had above three hundred) and, according to the computer, I lost.

By resolving the battle by myself, I lost less than 20% of my army. You can afford to get the first three types of locks for "blows exchange" with hostile archers. Late it does not happen anymore pays off. The most useful siege machine is the battering ram. Bring him to the gate (by clicking the mouse on the area behind it) - very much he will deal with it quickly. Watch out for the tar cauldrons Your archers can destroy such a cauldron, though it takes a long time. To bury the moat you have to send a bunch of soldiers Because will come under fire archers, they should be in he will withstand blows as far as possible. I I sent pikemen. The catapults seemed to me definitely not enough effective and I didn't use it their. When you want to get Stone Castle, your mates (most often a large group of archers) always under end of the fight take refuge in a turret in the north west. as soon as possible bring yours in there soldiers and do not take distance fire exchange. . Unfortunately, an example Lords of the Realm seems to confirm this thesis. Intelligence computer opponents it does not make our hearts beat faster and it does not force us to make a strenuous mental effort. There are situations province just shipped to own capital! Even though I was pissed off by the fact that I had to help this land quickly (your people are starving, my lord) I was built up by the ingenuity of a computer that applied the scorched earth tactic. Unfortunately, they happen more often cases that do not show the best intelligence of the program.

During the battle, the computer proceeds schematically and easily predict his next moves. Monstrous things happen to him mistakes, e.g. leaving archers without protection (and not sending troops to help when they are slaughtered) or capturing baddies from a strategic position point of view. In the past, for example, a group of peasants found themselves behind the bridge, in the fork of the river. I sent three units of pikemen to block the crossing and then shot the peasants across the river. It was a real joy to watch them run from the bridge to the shore massacred by archers on the way. But about the program is not the best - it was not on the whole map a place worse to defend than this (another thing is if the computer had archers it might inflicting colossal losses on me defending the bridge. but he didn't Computer enemies also show not very much activity on the overall map strategic. They liven up a bit Up from the stage of the French campaign (at some point I had to wage war on three fronts). Well, Fr. the creators, however, is evidenced by the fact that they did not go. IN therefore to the computer players also fight with each other. Once upon a time I had the following situation: three armies stood on the borders of a heavily defended neutral province. In the north is mine, in the east of the Duchess, in the south of the Knight. I waited out the turn - during it duration, the Duchess defeated the Knight and captured a province by losing large part of the army. Later, with almost no losses of my own, I recaptured the province and liquidated it Duchess's army. Lords of the Realm 2 is however the best strategy games I have played recently. There are some flaws scenario (e.g. repeating messages with the same content appear from opponents, the same atmosphere regardless of the scenery campaigns), especially those that could be easily eliminated. The artificial fails Intelligence, and the gameplay is there much less dynamic than e.g. in Heroes of Might & Magic2 or Blood & Magic (I compare, because I was playing them in parallel). WITH it will certainly be fun for people who do fed up with the rush to play in Command & Conquer or the laborious shifting of dozens of cards on hexagonal boards.
This is my little place of internet.