Desert Strike

Reviews of classig computer games
Oldlegends

Desert Strike

Post by Oldlegends »

Contrary to appearances, it is not simulation program, but an amazingly made shooting. Desert Strike already existed on on Sega Mega-Drive, with incredible successes, it was in the first place of bestsellers by a good few months. Also in famous Western writings computer (eg Amiga Action), 'Desert Strike' is located in first position. The authors deserve such great success through a huge contribution of work over the script, graphic and sound setting for the whole game. IN compared to other games of this kind, "Desert Strike" falls out surprisingly good. In my opinion this is the BEST shooter I have played recently. We have specific tasks (on basic real missions), not shooting at various creatures, spaceships or other. The game consists of four stages, each of which is divided is on several missions. All missions we take part in a given stage in one area, they do not occur here individual sections etc. Most missions are about destruction some object, but not always. At least in each of the stages we will get one unusual mission, by bus we transport people, etc. Occurs large variety of tasks entrusted to us, certainly no one was bored while doing them. Our real job is to frustrate our intentions Kilbaby, the mad dictator ("slightly" abusing alcohol), who got the nickname Mad Man (madman, madman). We should start the game with choose the remote of which each has certain abilities. One maneuvers the helicopter very well, the second has a hawk eye, the third it saves people wonderfully, yet is a speed freak. equal program menu also allows you to specify in which the way we will control the machine (joystick, mouse or keyboard). We can go straight to more advanced missions,

Of course, as far as we know, he will answer bottom of the password. But let's move on to specific tasks. We will start with the launch from the base ship and we will return there after completing all missions, or when we "screw up" something very much. we are now flying to the action area. We check the location of the first target on the map and we are flying in his direction. We will stay not too much warmly welcomed (because after all serving guests rockets should not be to good manners), however we are not completely defenseless. Our Apache equips There are 8 Hellfire missiles, guided laser beam, 3 Hydra unguided missiles and a cannon with a resource of more than 1000 missiles. The helicopter is not of course indestructible - has 600 units of "hit resistance", the level of which will systematically decrease during the execution assigning tasks. A big problem may constitute an appropriate it donation of fuel. Fortunately, ammunition, energy and fuel, we can refill found during each mission appropriate boxes and barrels (we can check the location of these valuable items on the map). The energies can be replenished also In another way - after by finding several missing American soldiers transported them to the nearest landing site. Each rescued soldier is equal to one hundred units energy for our helicopter. Completing the game won't be easy, but through proper planning of the whole action, we should do it. helicopter in front of death. Be warned, however, on each stage are different addresses, under including, for example, the number of units energy. I do not think so rummage in computer memory, or on a floppy disk, it may even result in permanent damage of the program !!!

But let's get back to the game. The area where the action takes place is literally bristling with all sorts of traps, enemy soldiers, tanks, rocket launchers, so be careful for everything that moves, Of course, we remember that to eliminate a single enemy soldier, two a shot from the cannon, using the Hellfire rocket is a bit of an exaggeration. The matter gets a bit more complicated when we have a tank or a launcher in front of you rockets. Then it's best to fire a few Hydra rockets. if we will see a radar from the SAM launcher, then let's fire it without hesitation Hell fl re rocket, self-propelled the kit can make us quickly target it and shoot it down. When attacking a fairly large target, remember that first we "get" out of the way all ground targets me they may hinder us in the performance of the task. eg, they use plot. even a situation where lost American soldier He fought hand to hand with the enemy. Leaders hostile countries, engineers run away from us by bargain and don't want to be caught Refined in detail the graphics do their job great. dish, and digitized sound; additionally enrich All in all, the game "Desert Strike" it great fun at its best for a company It befits Electronic Arts, Before I played this game on the Amiga, I knew it from the Sega, I love it immensely she liked. So it is nice state that converting the game to Amiga, in no way inferior to the original on the console. Hand on the contrary, the authors do new sampled sounds and improved the graphic design.
Legend of old are still alive.