Stronghold

Reviews of classig computer games
ThisGuy01

Stronghold

Post by ThisGuy01 »

It was the usual evening routine at the inn as the door swung open, letting in another group of amateurs of beer served here. A group of mercilessly muddy dwarves rushed straight to the bar, already with far away crying out for food and drink. A mug of the Golden Rooster, if grace! l elf roast! Ha ha! A joke typical of the dwarves, heavy as a tombstone, said the young man sitting at the bar elf, looking at the arrivals with distaste. _ What are you so happy? Golden bars started to multiply? The broad-shouldered one almost replied a dwarf with an impressive red beard. We come back from the mountains, from the east. We've discovered diamond mines. these stones are a real miracle - as big as phoenix eggs If I know you, they will cut another piece of forest by the way! We have to live somewhere. I will not build a house for myself tree! Cursed destroyer One a tree can Feed ten people, and you carelessly rob them right and left. But the mine will bring in two hundred and fifty gold pieces of income! Two hundred and fifty! l by spring it will run out. A planted forest gives the income for a year in a year - and feeds people!

Remember this when on the pre-release you will come asking for food again. Certainly not you! We've been self-sufficient for four years, you tree-climber Come on, boy, did you play? The last words echoed in the sudden silence blackened ceiling. The dwarf's cheeks flushed with blood tightly. _ Nobody is like that to me Nobody will speak! _ A kicked heavy oak stool flew sideways with with a dull bang. The regulars of the inn were crowding on the edge of the suddenly empty circle, it was going to be an interesting fight. Dwarf, massive, even among their tribesmen was famous for his strength elf, light and agile, with he could easily avoid them all blows. Peace! it's a word like a thunderbolt hit the fighters. Circle will form and close, letting the male enter dressed as a warrior. Stop it right now! Shut up, Uirik! It's not your business! the dwarf snarled. go babysit your sweet soldiers! _ added the elf. We're fed up with external enemies, we don't need to eat between each other! For them, keep your bravery - and your witty taunts! - Exactly, stuffing a few lumps on this redhead will be holy to warm up before battle. Fight, not fight praise, tree-climber! Children. You are acting like little children. - at the sound of that silent one, The gentle voice fell silent buzzing and rabid the opponents turned away suddenly in the direction from which The voice was heard. Oiciec Pean! - both the dwarf and the elf did indeed look like chastened little ones now. What is my father doing at the inn? 'Ulrik asked' This is not the place for a saintly person. As you can see, my presence was useful for something. I am wherever I may be needed. In fact, even a trumpet alarm would not wake up those here.

Remember, you two such skirmishes are for the benefit of our enemies. Only together are we strong. The onlookers slowly went to their tables, looking from under the window of a man in a modest, brown robe, who in a few words spoiled their spectacle. The elf dashed towards the door, and the dwarf, muttering something about the cheeky greens under his breath returned to his seat at the bar. And it is like that every evening, Erik - Ulrik sighed, It's hard on the bench. - Not a day without a row, in front of him, the young boy reached for a mug of beer taking his interlocutor out of sight. ' All because of this hellish tightness - Ulrik continued We squash in houses like herring in a barrel, and this is not favorable "Interracial integration" which we lovingly reign Albrecht, pillar of heaven, ruler of the free world, and so on he made the duty of every good citizen. He issued strong in battle. I heard that during their first encounter with the Blacks, they fled with battlefield True, but then everyone they were running away. Even me. I remember it like it happened yesterday. I was such a pretty green sorrel then - like you without trying it on. We were walking west in a small group of three warriors, two dwarves and Father Pean. Just thanks I can sit here and drink him a beer and reminisce. We were supposed to establish mines in the mountains to the west. We circled from the south the branch of the Great River and then we saw them great figures, black as coal, just such strange flashes ran over them. It was clear that they did not come to exchange gifts - they waved their paws and fists they had like loons. So we formed an array on them, I swung with a sword and a flesh from the ear - I did not know all these then fencing tricks. So I cut from the ear, the blade hits his shoulder and jumps back with a sound as if I had hit a stone! I do it again! I look stunned and he looks so nasty he grimaced and hit me with his fist. The world disappeared from my sight, and when I woke up, he stood over me Pean's father and got his one out with a cane, driving away from black people. Sure we would all they died if not for Magnus, who has sent his own after us magicians, hoping to get involved in some mine. Came at the last minute, on luck turned out to be on their magic missiles are gone strong. Different from then on I look at them. And what, they went ... - A young warrior saddened by the story he didn't notice the little light that had been hanging for some time over his head. Now in an instant it was puffed up and burst with a bang, showering it from head to foot with a rain of colors.

Color spots were marked by his leather caftan, leggings, and woolen cloak - he looked like a market jester. He flew from a nearby table a thin girly chuckle, suddenly choked as if the owner of it his voice suddenly clapped his hand over his mouth. Erik jumped to his feet, red as if beetroot, and peering around opened only and closes! mouth - until it comes back! him free: - Who did it! My clothes! I checked them out three days ago! The sergeant is gonna kill me! I'm sorry ... - from The young sorceress rose from the neighboring table. - I did not want... I'll fix it in a minute - the polite words were at odds with her obvious amusement. Erik stared at her sheepish and it looks again! as if the gods had overlooked him in the distribution of tongues. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that the perpetrator of his misfortune did not resemble the monsters in Ulrik's story. Long, black her hair fell in waves over her back, a simple headband gathered above her forehead, shimmering at the same time with small sparkles of gold - probably for a matter of magic. Dark brown eyes, squinted now in a smile, they were shaded with long, thick eyelashes, adorning a tiny little face with full lips. Erik's gaze wandered lower, noticing despite the magician's abundant robes, the rest took his breath away. Under that delighted gaze the girl lost some of her confidence. With a quick movement hands and with a few words caused a gray cloud that surrounded Erika like a cloud of smoke, then fled to her giggling friends. Having cast one last glance behind the departing sorceress, the boy slowly sat down in his seat. Who it was? _ asked Ulrik, who was looking at him with amusement. She looks like a princess! Probably a student of the local school of magicians.

Judging by the demonstrated skills _ second year of study. look at you all the stains are gone. What? Oh yes, it is. What do you think, whether or 0na I don't think she can spend much time on you now that new Chaos outbreaks have been discovered.Lags must devote every moment to training if they want to survive the upcoming battle. They overwhelmed even build houses and farms for yourself. Everything for them they make dwarfs and halflings. They remember how dearly it cost us all first great victory. Are you talking about the destruction of the Black Monument citadel? That's what they are called now at the Military Academy? Yes, that's what I'm thinking about. Listen, a little strategy won't hurt you. It was in the second year after we settled in this land Our loving reign, and so on, has found that we are strong enough to try to defeat the enemy in his territory. constant harassing raids on our lands forced them to maintain at the frontiers of absurdly large forces. Imagine: a field of cabbage, a cottage, and they walk around the field three troops of soldiers and two magicians for good measure, dying of boredom instead of working elsewhere. But the wall Forget it! Then Fr. no wall for us did not dream. The income was there Too low for that, anyway not we wanted to make communication difficult for ourselves. You will find a nice iron deck, for example, and fly all the way to the gate to get your friends to build the mine. We defended the empire, as the saying goes, with our breasts. Besides, it was not then the empire, and an ordinary barony, but better be quiet about it. Our the emperor does not like to remember that he was once just a baron. IN anyway he decided we were going to attack. The expedition was pretty good ten troops, five dwarves but the best - all with axes or hammers, then five clerics to heal their wounds in time battles, and fifteen mages on headed by _ and each at least a doctor magical sciences. We walked in compact formation straight to the citadel The blacks.

Image[/img]

First we cleared neighborhood. It was a milk porridge, because they walk alone, a we poop. Only then did the stairs begin: we approached their stronghold, we look - strength their. When it came to the battle, it turned out that we could hardly equal them and we advised against attacking them six times advantage! No there was no loss ... Then Fina died. Fina? You did not say... Cicno be. The best girl what ever she walked on the ground, and at the same time the best archer. So what, that she was an elf. It was so long, wait a minute, nine - no, 10 years. me sometimes that yesterday. At least it was like i said - hard. If it weren't for the clerics, we wouldn't have come home. They say I was killed then - don't look like that I'm not a ghost! Father Pean was simply able to bring the newly dead back to life by then. So what if he couldn't bring her to life ... "Don't be stupid. Every war is terrible, even won Besides, listen to what happened next. As we scour the ruins of the citadel, rejoice From the western mountains - not yet penetrated at that time ' the river overflowed, literally the Black River. They were like crazy every one of them moved towards our lord's castle, killing people along the way and turning fields and houses to dust. Our the little army was standing a long way northwest of the castle, No. We could make it, but we tried, we thought, Oh, how we tried, and the Clerics dressed our wounds and we ran through the wild fields, past the ruins once inhabited by black people, under a moon pale with terror in the sky strewn with shreds of clouds, like the spirits of our women and children. This scar on the leg is a souvenir - a magically healed wound opened in time this crazy march. As I can say, we couldn't make it. From ours saved us from total defeat baron. He assembled it by accident men, elves, dwarves, clerics ~ all, who did not go to war and did not they had to protect their belongings from a temporary army is ruined, which she kept for a while black race. You wouldn't find any mage among them all who could leave their homes participated in W. our slip. Such a jumble could not face hordes of enemies. started They were mostly students, almost children - and they would win this long, terrible battle for us. When we arrived on the battlefield, all we had to do was get hold of it the survivors, and many gathered, very many bodies of fallen friends. When the magicians returned to their field after a long absence, what a sad sight greeted them! Fields overgrown with weeds, houses in ruins, remains of jewelery workshops, magical mills, granaries. their beautiful school, cool all over around, blowing smoke into the sky dilapidated, ruined, their proud castle, seat of l / magnus the magician - in an almost complete break-up.

The restoration of the former splendor took enormous sums of money the mages' vault was gone - all of them we put a lot of our own work in tending fields, building workshops, planting trees. From then on it is assumed that others help mages maintain and build them up properties: elves soot trees, dwarfs build mines, halflings build bakeries, and so on. Behind it is the magicians who are to perfect their skills and receive new students. Such cooperation brings so many benefits that we are starting to apply it more and more widely. Oh, not near my house a grove of elven trees has grown, of which we have twice the size income and twice as much food than from those cared for with your own hands. But we helped them in the expansion of the castle. The dwarves showed the seminarians a gold wire, and the clerics built a bathhouse for them in return. And this is how it goes, z mutual profit. It is very interesting, this cooperation means, he said Erik. _ And did you also take part in other great battles? On example In the expedition for the great toads? _Pour me more "Rooster". No, this battle was fought by others, less experienced soldiers. We treated her as good an opportunity for training. Toads are threatening at a distance when they can shoot this one at you huge sticky tongue. When you have them as long as a sword, they are like sleeping cows - I saw like a completely young warrior, like you, accidentally discovered their nest, six or eight pieces. Hopes them on his spear one by one, leaving alone without bad. Not for such a roller Only archers give Šia - they are not good at close quarters. They are great, however, In the defense of the walls, I remember How they shot a bow in a squad of Fire Giants. These are brother such peasants twice taller than you. We saw them a couple of times while scouting how wandering, everyone with a sack on their back. They didn't harass us, so neither did we we left them alone. One fine day I practice with ours boys in the arena dodging and feinting with their body, suddenly I hear they are playing on alarm. We gathered quickly and run to the south gate. We look - behind the wall there is a group of Giants. They stand, they don't come, what's up? And then we found out what the bags were for on the back. Each person places a sack on the grass, takes a barrel-sized stone out of it and throws it over the wall! A few of ours in a moment she was sitting on the ground, and some were lying unconscious. What to do? With a sword, you will not reach the bastard, too far from the wall. So we quickly got a couple of girls with bows, and the fun started: every Giant who bends down to the stone gets a shot in the butt. He leaps up with a roar, turns around, then bends down again _ and Again, an arrow in the butt. and so to the end. Since the observation tower was built, no Giant will come unnoticed - there are always archers waiting for them on the walls. _ You talked about the new Chaos outbreaks, remember? What in is it all about? What is this Chaos? - This is how our loving one tells us to call all those who stand against him on the road, ha, chal Seriously, many rulers in this land she has quite bizarre tastes. Skeletons as soldiers, ruins as houses, and the only purpose - destroy others, they don't they create, they don't build, no they cultivate the field - they attack only calm people, they murder them and take them away Earth. There is a fight with them it is the duty of every righteous person, also and yours.

It is a great duty, but also an opportunity to become famous. l loot. - What do you think or could I take part in the next expedition? I can do a lot already for example ... "So far you've mastered the first lesson - which side to hold the sword on." There is still a lot to learn before you set out on W. field. Guard your common property well and study diligently, and in a year ... _ But I ... Are you in such a hurry to become famous? Would you like to impress someone? A certain sorceress, I suppose? _ You know... _ Come on, don't be offended, it's normal for your age. If you want advance quickly, listen: our emperor founded the lands an outpost taken from the Giants. For now everything is standing there two houses and about three troops. No walls, frequent skirmishes with survivors of Giants and hard work in the fields, but there the boy becomes a man. _ At least, that's something. But I would rather go into a fight, not dabble land like some peasant. . _ Don't offend hard-working peasants! Without them, just would here the wind roared and wolves howled. Were it not for the fields and forests with such we have a hard time growing, we would all starve in winter, no talking about the fact that there would be no money for your training, weapons, this beautiful shield and armor. Besides, the expedition has already started _ And how ... The inn's door swung open. People slowly miikii, thrusting gaze at the terrible figure standing by W. threshold. The warrior will post uneasily - Mindark ... western ... bra ... A dull sound of a falling body he took the spell off the taken horror of people "In a bad hour ..." Uirik muttered, rising from his seat. Everyone stood up and ran towards the exit, colliding on the threshold. - On the walls! On the walls! West Gate! the shouts outside broke the silence of the night. - I'm going with you! Erik got up and followed the elderly warrior. - No! You can not do it! _ embedded him Ulrik. The worst he could chłopak zerwał się i \/vyskoczył przez okno, niknąc the boy jumped up and \ / jumped out the window, disappearing W. darkness. Gods, take care of him, or I fight you, heaven on the head. Ulrik ran towards the west gate. The first tongues of fire and lightning showed him the place of the battle. Erik was the first to reach the Battlefield. a shocking view appeared his eyes. A handful of defenders on the walls disappeared against the backdrop of the embankment attacking skeletons and blacks. Puffs of smoke surrounding the nearby Hill parted for a moment, and a groan of terror was heard In the ranks of imperial soldiers. - Magowiel Magowiel - this one the exclamation sounded like a signal to retreat. There were a few on the hill figures In flowing robes. You could see it as with one move flashes of lightning and bullets fiery. Another soldier fell to the ground, take out the pain, a few motionless figures. In smoking clothes, it was already underneath a wall.

The expedition has been broken All is lost! _ ranks defenders began to break down draw back. _ Peace! _ the shout broke through through the buzz of battle the roar of thunder. _ For me, boys! Meals are on their way! Immediately them get me to me _ _ It's Ulrikl Ulrik is here! _ around the mighty figure of Uirik a group of believers gathered warriors. Panic slowly among the ranks of the imperial soldiers began to descend, arrows fell more and more densely on the horde enemies. _ Okay, you stay on walls, you come with me We have to go outside and finish these mage off -Attack! - silvery the sound of the trumpet picked up the warriors. The Defenders Raised a War Cry and headed for the enemy. Suddenly, an especially powerful lightning struck the attacking group. Ulrik, hit on the chest, staggered and fell. His soldiers were terrified, and immediately the cry "Ulrik was dead" smashed the Emperor's army on groups of terrified newbies. Their teacher and companion have fallen, Hope died with him. The soldiers ran away. "Ulrikul," Erik knelt by the corpse of his friend - Ulrik ... don't die ... "Tears rolled down his face as he realized there was no one with him. - Son of a bitch Come here! Show yourselves, he shouted. Towards the wall behind which the hosts of enemies In a strange silence they prepared for the final assault. Next lightning brightened the sky, fireballs and missiles rained down All pages. - Who are you shooting at? l Nobody's alive here anymore did not stay! Erik climbed the wall and saw the skeletons burning and wooden golems, like the bodies of enemy magicians, disappear among powerful discharges and explosions. Expedition against Mindark she came back. _ These were the remnants of I / Lindarka's army. We broke her down his castle is now a pile of rubble. We didn't think so many covered them in the mountains surrounding the castle. The expedition leader looked with regret on Ulrik's body. “We followed their heels all the way from the castle. We were so little late ... _ Stand back! Erik shuddered. He had heard the gentle one somewhere voice. _ Father Peanl How ... _ Don't bother me now! - this so far calm voice could now crush rocks. A delicate, bluish mist dripped from the fingers of the heart, surrounding the charred corpse of the brave soldier. By it lingered around them for a moment like weird, and when she was gone, Ulrik's sooty face twitched into a smile. _ Again? No, just don't tol Until next time, Ulrik! Until next time!
I'm from Poland