Outfall

Reviews of classig computer games
Yavin

Outfall

Post by Yavin »

What was the Tetris phenomenon? What was the difference between Arkanoid and PacMan? What made Prince of Persia so popular? Reply
it is easy and quite obvious: simplicity. It often happens that the games are completely ineffective, with simple graphics and banal
idea, but they do have some kind of magnet. In more or less these words, I can express my feelings towards Outfall. It is
product from the licenseware genre popular among Amiga games. It cannot be denied that the idea refers to a hit from many, many
years. It must be admitted, however, that this hit is still doing quite well today. I mean Tetris. In Outfall, the original idea remained
extended with manipulation of colors and shapes. Graphics and sound are normal, especially Outfall's graphics need not be ashamed of.
Animation of the elements is quite fun and the number of colors is satisfactory. Thanks to this, the game seems really nice. How
in the past, so and now, blocks fall from above into the vast "well", but they have various shapes and colors. What must be done? Simple
- arrange these blocks so that the elements of a given color touch each other on their sides. Then all four disappear, making room for the next
blocks. The arrangement of the four is hindered by neutral elements, blocking the possibility of arranging the blocks according to your own idea
limiting certain systems. Outfall is recommendable.

ImageImageImage

Amiga
My rate: 7/10