Writing C64 floppy in PC drive

8-bit Commodore machines
ThatGuy02

Post by ThatGuy02 »

I have an older PC with a 5.25 '' drive running under Win 98. Is it possible to write .d64 floppy images to such a drive and read it later on a Commodore 64 with a 1541-II drive? I have 70 floppy disks on the C64, but you would have to format and record them again, because some games and programs do not start (unfortunately time does its job :))
Iknownothingatall

Post by Iknownothingatall »

it's not possible. you need to connect the flop from c64 to pc.
i know that i know nothing at all.
Smallbug

Post by Smallbug »

It's hard. I have the materials for the XM1541 cable, you just need to put it together.
I'm just a small bug in grass.
Oldgirls

Post by Oldgirls »

XM1541 cable is assembled, due to the lack of 1N5819 and BAT85 diodes I used SB160 diodes. It works: D I'm using OpenCBM with the CBMXfer overlay on Windows XP SP3. I still have a small question: should I turn on the station before starting the PC, or after loading Windows? I remember that it was important in older equipment, and it would be a pity to damage this station.

Edit:
One more problem - while formatting, copying the image of a floppy disk or individual files to the drive is smooth, dumping the contents of the floppy disk to the image no longer ... The drive works, but after reading the floppy disk image file does not appear. What could be wrong?
WE all are OLD.